POSTS

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pandan and Coconut Macarons and a special Froggy Cake


My dear Aunty turned 80! and she asked if I could bring some cupcakes to her party.
Well plain cupcakes to be more specific but I wanted to add some 'wow'. So I decided to attempt green macarons to match the very special Frog cake I had ordered for her from the wonderful Dea at 3D Cakes.


And what more inspiration do I need.....one of my amazing friends bought the Zumbo recipe book especially for me.


Well my macarons were not perfect, consistency too thick and zero gloss but they were still so pretty.
I was really pleased.


I used pandan paste in the macaron mix and filled them with a coconut white chocolate ganache.
Made pretty much the same as a regular ganache except with coconut cream.


And yes I added extra green food colouring to try and thin out the macaron mix.....


They were so delicious, and beautiful perched atop a vanilla cupcake.


Why a frog cake you may ask? well when I was young my Aunty Joy had a wonderful collection of cute little frogs that I loved and would often contribute to.


So I thought I would once again give her a frog! just an edible one this time.


It went down a treat, everyone loved the froggy cake, and it was delicious (even the icing! - picture those legs getting eaten).

Do check out the 3D cakes website and on facebook (regular giveaways) to check out Dea's incredible creations.


34 comments:

  1. I think your macaroons look great, and I love pandan essence. Lucky you with the book as well :)
    What a cute frog cake indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love gour frog and macarons too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your macarons look lovely. I bet everybody enjoyed them. I love the froggy cake, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pandan and coconut macarons sound heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That frog cake is amazing, well done. Love the macaroons as well. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks and sounds fabulous...thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so pretty!Best wishes for your aunt!I am sure she appreciated your creations!Amazing color,great flavor!I love oranges!!!Greetings from Greece,dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, cutie-pie froggies! And hey, I read it thoroughly and know you didn't make the cake :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great froggy cake, and the macaroon filling sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your macaroons came out spectacular; what a fun birthday party for your auntie.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your pandan macarons! And those froggys on top of the cake are so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a spectacular cake. Those frogs are so cute! What a great cake for an 80th! And your macarons are the perfect matching colour and I've made macarons and mine have never looked that good - they are really tricky! Well done and I hope it was a great celebration xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frog cake and matching green macarons! Nice and well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cute and beautiful cake and your macarons looks wonderful! A Happy Belated Birthday greetings to your dear aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The color of the macaroons is astonishing! perfect match to the cute frogs! It was so nice what you did for your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your macarons are amazing! And that cake is just too cute too eat. I'm glad you cut it up so we could see the inside though. Happy birthday to your aunt x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is amazing! And I have a signed book too! I just haven't been brave enough to replicate anything!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic cake!! The frogs are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your frog cake is adorable! And your macarons scrumptious - love that coconut filling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so very creative. Amazing cake and macaroons. I love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. that's a fantastic looking cake! and well done on the cupcakes :D happy 80th for your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness I can't believe how talented those peeps at 3D cakes are! What a great birthday milestone. Sounds like your aunt had a great birthday celebration with loved ones and filled with yummy treats. Your macarons turned out really well!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. O.K. Muppy, let me set you straight. Your macarons look PERFECT! Honestly, I don't think I've seen more perfect looking macarons...and such a sweet color of green. The connection to your Aunty with the frogs when you were little is so sweet...it looks like the party was a total success.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your macs are fantastic! I cannot make them, they just do not work for me. Yours look like baby frogs next to that fantastic frog cake!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so glad you enjoyed our courgette pie,dear Muppy!
    A huge kiss from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Our first macarons looked like that, too. Keep trying, they get better!
    They do look beautiful though, they match the frog cake perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those macarons look amazing! I've been too scared to attempt macarons yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. good choice in flavours! pandan & coconut is so yummmy!!! :) and the frog cakes are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My eyes are all pop out seeing all your amazing creations. I would love to bake the pandan macarons one day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Macarons look fantastic!!!! Well done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the froggy cake too!!!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  32. I had to comment on that cake. It is so lovely and the reason behind it has made me so happy, thanks for sharing this cute story :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment