POSTS

Thursday, December 30, 2010

gingerbread house

I attempted a gingerbread house this christmas for the first time ever! I cooked the gingerbread from scratch, the recipe from the Coles christmas booklet. I also used their measurements for the house thinking the house would be quite small. Actually the final product looked pretty standard sized. I first cut out the shapes with cardboard. After rolling out my dough on baking paper i cut out the shape and then transferred paper and my shape onto the tray for baking. I baked a day prior to assembling but i think it would probably be fine letting it cool completely and assemble the same day. Next time i will wait for the sides, propped up with glasses, to set completely before putting the roof on. It was lots of fun and i think the final product was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to comment