POSTS

Monday, August 4, 2014

Vanilla and Almond Biscotti



These delicious biscotti are super crunchy, perfect for dunking in a hot drink.
They are easy and I've baked them many times now with success.
One of my workmates said it tasted like what his Italian mother would bake.


Combine dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, raw sugar, almonds and salt flakes.


I discovered this beautiful Little Pod vanilla paste when I visited the Cake Bake Sweets Show, and as you can see its well loved and used. 
Whisk the vanilla with a couple of eggs and combine with the dry ingredients.


Shape the sticky dough into a log.


Bake in a low oven.


Allow to cool, even better overnight.


Slice and lay on a tray to bake again on both sides.


The end result is a crunchy flavoursome biscuit perfect for the snack jar as it keeps well, or great to give away as gifts.



Vanilla and Almond Biscotti
Adapted from Food.com

1 cup flour
!/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp salt flakes 
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 150C.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Combine dry ingredients.
Whisk vanilla with eggs and mix into dry ingredients.
Shape the sticky dough into a flat log on lined tray.
Bake for 50 minutes.
Leave to cool, even overnight if time allows.
With a sharp knife cut into slices, about 0.5cm-0.8cm.
Lay on tray and bake for 20 minutes, turn over and bake for another 20 minutes.
Cool on rack.
Store in airtight container at room temperature.




5 comments:

  1. Your biscotti looks so good!! I've never made biscotti myself because I've never tasted biscotti so good that has made me want to make it, and it seems like a long baking process (vs cookies which take a couple of minutes haha). Yours look unlike any other biscotti I've ever tried though- the texture looks amazing!! I'm sure I'd love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crunchy biscotti especially with a cup of tea! It's the perfect way to have an afternoon break and what a classic flavour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! thanks for the recipe Muppy - another for my list. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't think of a higher compliment than an Italian telling you it tastes just like their mother's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mhhh i can totally do biscotti and hot tea right now!

    Its raining cats and dogs outside :(

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment