POSTS

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meatloaf Wellington


I have found a fellow meatloaf lover at Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice! I have already tried Reeni's Italian Meatloaf and then when she posted this recipe for Meatloaf Wellington I just had to have it.


It was quite fun to make too. After cooking off the onion and garlic (and capsicum but i had none) with some intense flavours of tomato paste, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, oregano and thyme, this then goes in with the mince, egg, and bread crumbs. The meat is then shaped and wrapped up in some pie pastry and baked. I halved the pastry to have a thinner crust. 




A bit of patching required!



It was really good, I loved it. A moist meatloaf with a perfect combination of flavours and flaky crust, what more could you want! Well a delicious sauce is all my hubby said (I'm not really a sauce girl). 


6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for trying this my fellow meatloaf lover! I thought a sauce would be nice too for those who like it that way - but I like it as is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a gravy would be good!!! I too love a good meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of meatloaf wellington but what a brilliant idea. Perfect for these winter nights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow .. definitely comfort food!!

    mmh that with some gravy of tomato sauce = stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pastry looks really moist around it. What a creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muppy strikes again! :-) Heavenly ideas!!
    I'd need a sauce too though...

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment