POSTS

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Princess Merida Disney Brave Cake (Lemon White Chocolate Mud with Raspberries, Fluffy Frosting and Lemon filled Macarons)


I know I've shared in the past how much I love the blogging community but I just wanted to say it again. You all inspire me so much and this cake is a reflection of this. 
So a special thank you to Angie Lives to Eat for the idea of a lemon chocolate mud cake, and to One Bite More for the suggestion of fluffy meringue frosting.
I really wanted to make this cake delicious as well as beautiful enough for my daughter to love it, and I managed to do both!


So it all began with macaron baking. As always my batches were varied some perfect, some not so perfect!


I baked 6 layers of white chocolate mud cake made with a good amount of lemon juice and lemon zest, then topped with a few frozen raspberries.


The macarons were filled with a lemon classic egg yolk buttercream.
How cute were my teeny weeny ones!


I layered the cakes with a raspberry white chocolate butter icing then cut the cake to shape.


The fluffy meringue frosting then covered her up.


The macarons which had firmed up in the fridge were then attached.


We had a beautiful day for Miss Evie's birthday in the park.


And the cake went down a treat.


22 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive cake! I can tell your little princess had an awesome birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute way to use macarons as decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is WAY better than the marshmallows ones form my childhood. I love how you put her hair up haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! An impressive cake indeed. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an impressive cake. I mean, macarons on their own take a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! I love it and love the idea of using macarons as decorations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Evie is very lucky to have such a talented Mum - you did a fantastic job with this cake!!! Looks absolutely perfect and love your macs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Princess Merinda never looked more delicious and mouthwatering! Happy birthday to your daughter and you truly made a wonderful birthday cake for her, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww she's gorgeous! What a way to put a smile on a little (or adult) girl's face! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing looking cake! Love that you added raspberries to the cake as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, you have made an amazing job of this. Too good to eat though! Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet!! Reminds me of the Barbie cake that I made for my daughter at the same age as yours. Love how perfectly your macarons turned out and such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a triumph - your cake is absolutley gorgeous, I'm sure your daughter would have adored it!! Well done - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cake. It is perfect for a young girl's birthday. I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your macarons are so gorgeous and the cake is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your macarons are gorgeous and the cake is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING Cake! Love the construction of it all :D Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow!! I just am staring at that cake... its like every childhood dream of mine come to reality.

    On another note, just found your blog and now eagerly browsing through. I have a food blog too. Its presentedbyp.blogspot.com/. Feel free to come over and take a look around!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea to use Macarons as part of the decorations. It looks absolutely gorgeous and the cake sounds yummy too

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment