POSTS

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tandoori Chicken Pizza


We were originally inspired to make this pizza after eating it at the restaurant Pancakes on the Rocks (at Northmead). 


I was fortunate enough to receive a Baker's Delight voucher recently from The Food Mentalist and was keen to test out their new pizza bases. When I picked up the bases I was pleasantly surprised at how good they looked. I think they are great product and will definitely buy them again for those times when time doesn't permit to make my own pizza dough.


I made my own tandoori paste using this recipe and then mixed it with a generous amount of yoghurt to use as the base to my pizza.


The rich sauce is perfectly complimented by chicken, roasted sweet potato, roasted capsicum, red onion and mushrooms.


Serve with extra yoghurt and you have a delicious meal.

14 comments:

  1. I love Tandoori Chicken so this would be a fantastic idea for a change. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love Tandoori chicken, so it sounds wonderful as a pizza topping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Looks so delicious! My kids are crazy over pizza! I would love to have some too!
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I started making homemade pizzas a few years ago, I can never go back to the premade kind. Love your combo of toppings, this looks sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a tandoori pizza! And the addition of sweet potatoes sounds so incredibly good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi muppy, thanks for your comment! I must say this pizza looks absolutely scrumptious, I am very impressed with the ingredients on it. Bookmarking, and now also following you on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love tandoori chicken pizzas. I think the tandoori marinade usually makes sure that the chicken doesn't dry out too much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a delicious healthy weeknight meal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting, only in Japan I saw Tandori chicken pizza, so it has reached Australia :-).

    Ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're having a team lunch tomorrow and I've ordered a bunch of pizzas from CRUST - Tandoori Chook was at the top of my list. Love it - love the tang of the yoghurt the most I think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh this looks divine. i was wondering what those bases would be like. I can see I wont be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love pizza and love tandoori- perfect match! Your creation just looks lovely and delicious, I bet this was gobbled up fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yogurt on pizza.. interesting im not too sure if my stoamch can handle that :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum! lately mum's been buying the baker's delight pizza bases as well, tastes so good after being on the pizza stone in the oven!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment