POSTS

Monday, February 7, 2011

My Sunday - Nigella's French Toast for breakfast & Nigella's Lamb for Dinner!

What a lovely Sunday indeed. We started off by stewing some plums from Nigella's Cinnamon Plums with French Toast recipe in Nigella Kitchen. The house smelt divine, and it was an interesting recipe as it consists of a syrup made from cranberry juice and cinnamon. I cooked it longer then the recipe suggested to ensure it was very sticky but i did lose some of the consistency in the plums. The french toast is cooked the usual way besides the addition of ground cinnamon.
It was very tasty but quite rich, I wish I had bought some natural yoghurt, then it would have been perfect!
Though I must admit I licked the remaining syrup off my plate ;)



In the morning my little girl went to "Kids Church" for the first time. She appeared afterwards very proudly with a new little backpack and her craft. Later that day she declared 'i love kids church mummy, i love it'. So sweet.



For dinner we had some much needed red meat. I cooked another recipe from Nigella Kitchen Lamb with Rosemary and Port. This was again a very simple dinner to serve. The lamb is simply cooked and served with the port sauce. While cooking the sauce I thought it had a peculiar smell (the port apparently) so i recruited my lovely husband to taste test for me - whilst he thought the sauce was amazing he also managed to tip half of it on the floor. Does anyone elses partners achieve these sorts of results? Of course we laughed about it but in all honesty the lamb could have done with a little more sauce. We served it with mash and beans. The mash I made from organic Dutch Cream Potatoes I had bought at the markets on saturday. Wow, just delicious, so yellow and creamy.
Overall a very tasty lamb dish, I love lamb. The sauce was quite sweet but complimented the meat perfectly.

4 comments:

  1. Both of these meals sound delicious. I love lamb so your dinner has special appeal for me. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're really powering through Kitchen! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Muppy!
    The plum dish looks divine! I haven't got any of Nigella's books but this makes me want to run out and pick one up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Both meals look amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment