POSTS

Monday, January 10, 2011

Nigella's Sweet Potato Supper

I would say sweet potato has to be one of my favourite ingredients, so if i ever see a recipe based around it i have to cook it!
This is another one out of Nigella Kitchen book, don't seem to find a link to it.
Though so simple.

2 sweet potatoes cut in thick slices (skin on) into a baking tray.
Add 200g lardons (or in my aussie case a chunk of pancetta cut into lardon size pieces), 6 garlic cloves (skin on), a bunch of asparagus and a few sprigs of time.
Drizzle over some olive oil, season, and put in oven for 30 min, turn sweet potato and put back in oven for 30 min.
I also added a few mushrooms quartered (had a few extra in the fridge i needed to use).

I served with some penne pasta so that i wouldn't be starving too soon and pig out on something i shouldn't eat!

Sadly i only remembered to take a precooked shot (another reason i am not very good a blogging!)
As a sweet potato lover i really loved this dish. It was very similar to a dish my husband cooks with caramelised sweet potato, mushroom, bacon and pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to comment