POSTS

Friday, January 14, 2011

Poh's melting moments

I visited a friend yesterday and hence wanted to take something. My plan was Poh's pandan and coconut crepes, but with no pandan that wasn't going to happen. So i opted for the simpler melting moments.
They are a reasonable basic recipe (250g butter, 1/3cup icing sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 1/2cups plain flour, 1/2 cup cornflour) but the final mix felt quite dense. Possibly i didn't mix enough but i have learnt to not over mix biscuit doughs. I hoped to make them pretty by using a fluted piping nozzle as Poh did but unfortunately my fluted nozzle was too small. So after piping with a normal nozzle i thought they were just asking to be turned into jam drops....
And once baked (for a lot longer then Poh's - my oven is so so unreliable) they were a really lovely bite size snack. I thought a little on the firm side. I already have a similar recipe from my grandmother that i have adapted and i can't help but like my one more. The dough if far less versatile - you need to be gentle - but the result is a truly melting quite crumbly biscuit.
So you gently cream together 125g butter and 1/2 cup icing sugar. Sift cornflour (1/2cup), s.r.four (1/2cup) and custard powder (3tbsp). Carefully fold in, spoon on trays and bake for 15 min at 180. They are my favourite biscuit recipe and i have tried heaps of variation with nuts, chocolate, jam etc. All delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love for you to comment