POSTS

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Caramelised onion, beetroot and goats curd tart


This dinner came about because I made a huge batch (obviously wasn't thinking) of Sammy and Bella's beetroot dip. Half of it I used to make chocolate cake, yes complete with cumin, and wow I really liked it. The rest I froze in ice cube trays for the lunch box and snacks. 


I made a shortcrust pastry (using flour, yoghurt and butter) and cooked it until a little brown.


Topped with some caramelised onions (I cooked them over low heat in some butter with brown sugar and balsamic).


Whisked up a couple of eggs with half a cup of milk and seasoning.


After pouring over the onions I spooned plenty of beetroot dip on top.


Finally I dolloped on a generous amount of goats curd.


In to an 180degree oven it went for about half an hour.


It was good, such a classic flavour combo that works so well.


Such a pretty tart served with some crispy kale.



8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tart, I love the color. It sounds like it would have a wonderful flavor with the combination of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful tart, but I want to hear more about the chocolate cake!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great and colourful, and I agree that the flavours would be amazing together- yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tart! I am loving all that goat cheese with the beetroot! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love the sound of this tart. I've got such a soft spot for savoury tarts. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulously healthy but delicious lunch. And aren't kale chips the best? So delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning colours! I adore beetroot - this tart is ideal :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment