POSTS

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cuban Street Tacos


This recipe for Cuban Street Tacos is from the amazing blog of Sweet Pea's Kitchen. It really caught my eye and I was keen to try it. I have been fortunate enough to do a little travelling but would love to do more. Fortunately due to everyone sharing such incredible recipes we can still experience a little bit of a different culture right in our own home.


In this recipe the pork is slowly cooked in the oven with a complex mix of flavours including stock, orange, lime, oregano, bay leaves, cumin, pepper, chillies, garlic and onion. It smelt incredible and once cooked was so incredibly soft. 


The pork is removed and the sauce reduced before recoating the pork and grilling it to a lovely brown. The pork is then broken up and served with warm tortillas, sliced red onion, cheese and coriander. We also scraped up the extra sauce and served that too!


It was so delicious, although a little salty (My stock must have been a too salty). But wrapped up in the tortilla it was so good.


I even cooked some Cinnamon rolls to make it a Sweet Pea day :) yum.



12 comments:

  1. That really sounds good, think maybe we will have them for lunch today. Mmmmmm Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - how good do this look (don't answer that as you already know they look incredible)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great for a weekend lunch! Everyone would love this! Thanks for sharing, have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both look delicious!Especially those cinnamon rolls are mouthwatering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum, yum!!!

    I love pulled pork tacos! So easy, and always makes such a lot.

    I'm a sucker for a cinnamon roll - have been meaning to make some for a while - thanks for prompting me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been wanting to try this sort of slow cooked pork for a while. It looks amazing. You eat so well! (And so sorry to hear about the missing princess kit).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks full of flavor! A very nice way to cook pork! I'll take one taco and one cinnamon roll please!XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so tasty and worth the slow cooking! Can't wait to try them (and trust me, I will!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. How yummy, these tacos look like they'd melt in the mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great. I love recreating street food at home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy!! These tacos and cinnamon rolls look incredible!! I am so glad that you enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment