POSTS

Friday, July 15, 2011

Leek, Carrot and Goats Cheese Tart


This winter tart was posted by The Kitchen of Oz way back in April but I was immediately in love with it and knew I would make it when the weather was cold. It is such an attractive dish and does not let you down on flavour.
Firstly I made a basic shortcrust pastry and rested it in the fridge before rolling out, putting in the tin, lots of patching ;), and then resting again.


The pastry is then baked for about thirty minutes. 


I prepared some purple potatoes to roast.


After caramelising the leeks and slightly precooked carrots I added a little vegetable stock and allowed them to braise and really cook through.


The goats cheese (my favourite Willowbrae) is mixed with eggs, rosemary and milk (I used soy).


Then simply top your cooked base with the vegetables.


Pour over the goats cheese filling, sprinkle with some extra rosemary and bake for about 30 minutes.


I really loved this. The crisp buttery pastry with the smooth custard like filling and the delicious soft vegetables. The goats cheese flavour was there as a perfect balance.


21 comments:

  1. Great looking tart! I thought it wouldn't be too set and therefore hard to slice but I can see it was perfectly set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sort of food, this looks really yummy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I have some lovely goat's cheese in the fridge from the Yarra Valley. I have just been eating it as is but I should put it in a tart :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice looking hearty tart! and with purple potatoes! wow. ive never tried them before

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tart looks fantastic! I love tarts and this looks perfect for the miserable Melbourne weather. The purple potatoes look beautiful, do they taste the same as normal potatoes? I've never tried them before..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tart looks delicious! I'm into tarts lately! I really have to try purple potatoes, the problem is I can't seem to find any! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a flavorful tart!I love everything about it!A must try!Hugs,dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sounding recipe! I love goats cheese and this would be awesome.
    BTW you were the winner of my latest giveaway, so please email me with your details so I can send you your pressie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vegetarian dish!! I love it and sure will try this out! Thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum that looks great! My sort of tart in fact! Well done for colouring up winter!

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great looking tart! And, I love the purple potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love goat cheese! Blended with all those wonderful veggies it must have been heaven on a plate...What a delicious tart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore goat cheese, anything with goat's milk in fact and this sounds just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum.. i love it how you put leek it... leek is such a flavoursome vegie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yum! i love goat's cheese, especially goats cheese tarts.. your pastry looks so pretty! my attempts never seem to go that well hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Surfing through the blogs have ended up here ...
    Congratulations on your space full of photos, recipes and interesting content.
    I joined your followers so you do not lose sight of.
    If you must go from me, you're welcome.
    The Magic Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those lovely chunky veg together with the goats cheese would be divine. It looks so silky!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Purple potatoes?!? Never heard of em, which is strange as I'm in the land of the potato. Love goat's cheese too. I will come back to this recipe when we hit winter here! Thanks a mil!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh baby, that is so inviting right now! I'm at work, cold and hungry, and all I want is a slice of tart... Please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks lovely. I recently made a tart with goat's cheese, roasted veggies, and smoked salmon so I know I would like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely tart! I like the veggies you used especially the purple potatoes - my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment