POSTS

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stuffed Mushroom & Zucchini


Tonight my husband cooked dinner, and what a delicious dinner it was!
He is an excellent cook, much better palate then me. I rely (as you all know!) on recipes.


The mushrooms have a filling that is cooked onion, garlic, mushroom stems, parsley, and white wine, mixed with dried oregano, grated cheese and sourdough breadcrumbs. Top with a piece of cheese and bake.


The zucchini is partially cooked and then stuffed with the zucchini middle, garlic, onion, sourdough breadcrumbs, parsley, tomato paste and dried oregano. Cover with grated parmesan and bake.


Both were delicious but the mushroom was my favourite. The stuffing was loaded with flavour that perfectly complimented the juicy mushroom. I will be making sure it is cooked again very soon.



Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients
5 large mushrooms (We used swiss brown - I think!)
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
couple sprigs parsley finely chopped
1/4 cup white wine
handful breadcrumbs (we used frozen sourdough grated)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup grated cheese (aged cheddar) + slices for top

Method
Preheat oven to 200C. 
Remove mushroom stems and chop finely.
Cook the onions in the butter until soft. 
Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
Add the mushroom stems, a little olive oil and the parsley.
Splash in the white wine and reduce by half over medium heat.
Stir through the breadcrumbs, oregano and cheese until melted.
Season to taste.
Fill the mushroom cups and top with a slice of cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.


21 comments:

  1. Delicious! Isn't it lovely when the other half cooks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl! Dinner looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give him our congrats! Looks like something we would like too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you lucky thing! wish my husband cooked something that looked this delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These mushrooms look heavenly. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is your hubby to cook you dinner. The stuff mushroom and zucchini sounds amazing. Love the flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it so cute when the hubby cooks in the kitchen. The stuffed mushrooms look and sound so delicious. I love all of the flavors in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both look soooo good!!!Our congrats to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for him! Now can he talk to my husband about cooking more? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, these both sound amazing right about now! Kudos to the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. stuffed mushroom is my weakness... the juicy mushrooms laced with melted cheese... i must be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stuffed mushrooms are always a wonderful addition to any meal...these sound delish, Muppy!

    Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your husband is a wonderful cook! They both sound so good and have such flavorful fillings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is always nice to be pampered by our other half isn't it? He is a good cook and I am sure your enjoyed your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely vegetarian meal, perfect for me!!! Brava I'll give you a +1!!!

    Also, I have a blog candy on my blog now to win a copy of the book Party Food for Girls, (which I have written with my daughter).
    Please take part if you like, if you win I'll send the book (which should be on sale in Australia too, btw)!
    Good luck!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job from your hubby, gotta love stuffed mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are lucky to have such a husband!!!Great meal,dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am looking for some new vege ideas these look great

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment