POSTS

Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Heart of Food Photography Course



I really love beautiful photos. 
I wish I could take them.

Before blogging I was interested in photography. Now that I have joined the realm of blogs I have an increasing desire to be able to capture the food I have created in a real and appetising way. 


The Heart of Food Photography course was a good overview of photography.
 Simon inspired us to try and think outside the box and be creative with the way we capture a moment in time.


We also covered aspects of how to manually use our cameras and different angles we should try.
In this I need a lot of practice.


As part of this blog I really want to share with you the meals we share together as a family. 
I felt encouraged to continue to include that in my photos, and to try and improve on capturing these special times.


He also shared the importance of post editing of photos and how that can make an amazing difference. At the moment I don't have a program to allow me to but hopefully in the future I will. 


Some fantastic bloggers attended, Everybody Loves Ramen, Nic Cooks, Sweet Life by Mel, Wholesome Cook, Sugarpuffi, Berry Butter, it was great to meet you! 


And I shall not forget the food! 
Mumu Grill gave us some beautiful dishes, perfect for practicing on.
Dessert I found a little bit disappointing.

For this photo, using the colour accent feature on my camera, I selected only the red.
I really enjoyed the day, found it a great overview and although I need much practice in manual photography at least I know where to start. Thankyou Simon.

21 comments:

  1. I would love to attend a photography class. I believe it will help me in taking better photos of my food:D Thank you for sharing with us your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii , So happy to find ur lovely blog!
    Oh i wish to take wonderful pics too:-) And this photography class sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be able to take great photos but not only do I need a course I also need a better camera than my supermarket special!! Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really interesting! First, I need a new camera! Never realized that photography can be really interesting, until I started to blog!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fantastic day. And the kind of thing I could definitely do with...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely something that I am always working on. I love photography and food, add them together and it is pure fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time. Always enjoy reading what you've been up to (and creating!) cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great event and looking forward to more great food photographs on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a fantastic day Muppy! Your photos look great. I can't wait to see more great food photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great day. I think your photos are wonderful. I think you are well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed the day :)

    Don't forget you can start off with free applications such as Picasa or iPhoto if you use a Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm, I thought left a comment on your post already but I guess it didn't "stick". Your photos look great - I'm glad your enjoying the G12. Dessert was hard for me to photograph at the class - it was just easier to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your photos! The food looks great! :D For me, i wasn't really interested in photography until i started blogging and spent a lot of time looking at everyone else's beautiful photos :D Sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful meal, and your photos are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those photos look fabulous - sounds like Simon did a really great course! I've just done a different one recently, too - sooo much information to take in, but definitely really useful (especially for those of us who are more about the food than the photos!). I always look forward to seeing what you're making next...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos look great! I'm glad you enjoyed the class :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos! I can see the class was very productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your photos turned out great! nice meeting you again at the class! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. great photos! i would love to do a photography course as well and i have no idea how to post edit my photos, lol..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh that sounds like lots of fun! I am just learning how to use my camera... I never thought it could be so complicated! And I still have so much to learn (especially about food styling)! These pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. And don't forget that it only gets better with practice, so more cooking and photographing ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment