POSTS

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Donna's Cheat's Goat's Cheese Souffle with Roasted Beetroot Salad

I am loving the look of many of Donna Hay's recipes from her new show and couldn't resist cooking another. I have been wanting to try goats cheese souffle and I thought this was a good starting point :)


The base is goats cheese (i used Willowbrae from the markets), egg yolks, and cream beaten until light and fluffy. Bread crumbs are folded through followed by beaten egg whites. They are baked for about 25 mintues. I served them with a roasted beetroot salad as suggested by Donna.


I really enjoyed the souffle, so light and melt in your mouth. It went perfectly with the beetroot.

12 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a savoury souffle for cold weather! :) I prefer savoury souffles to sweet ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this recipe too! But I was a little hesitant because it's souffle, mmm I'm changing my mind already! Great vote of confidence from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am yet to cook souffle but I really like the idea of making a savoury one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Sounds like a lovely dish for this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, goat's cheese sounds lovely. I'd never attempt a souffle tho...it would end in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a souffle once and it was so much fun! I have this recipe for a pretty yellow egg souffle made with grapefruit juice. Isn't that odd? Yours with the goat cheese sound delicious because I LOVE goat cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have still never made a souffle... this meal looks elegant and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious, and goats cheese always goes so well with beetroot too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks elegant and delicious. I am going to have to try your recipe. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking souffle. I love eating them, but have never attempted making one myself. This is such an elegant meal :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Muppy, Sounds very good I must try using goat cheese. I do enjoy beetroot salad. Very good. I must give this a try. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment