POSTS

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Donna Hay's Chicken Rice Noodle Salad with Coconut Milk Dressing


This recipe for Rice Noodle Salad is another from Fast Fresh Simple, Donna Hay's new show. It really was so simple to prepare for dinner. The rice noodles are tossed with coriander, basil, mint, spring onion, kaffir lime leaves, chicken and chilli (or in my case garnished with chilli so it wasn't too spicy for my daughter!). I also added some snow peas.
The dressing is made from coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
I really loved it, so light and fresh tasting, easy to prepare - what more could you want?

13 comments:

  1. What a great use for coconut milk! YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Love coconut milk in dressings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah yes I agree, this is too simple yet so tasty with all the fragrant leaves and coconut milk, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect, both gluten and dairy free?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Muppys

    Minus fish sauce and chicken, plus tofu, these noodle would be good for me :-). I love noodle salads with Asian herbs, I could eat tons of them, and I have some really lovely Vietnamese mint in the garden that I put almost everywhere!!!.

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    PS
    come and visit me on my other blog also, when you have time

    http://alessandrazecchini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Donna Hay is an awesome recipe designer and I have nearly all her books. THis is a fantastic recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! It's Donna Hay's Fast Fresh Simple day on my blog too lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm! It looks and sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this recipe. I'll be making this at some point in the near future. My family adores noodles. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohmyyum!! That looks fantastic! (as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are making all the recipes that I have seen lately that I want to make! I am definitely going to make this one time soon. I love coconut milk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try this recipe but need more information regarding portions, especially re the dressing. The link took me nowhere helpful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They seem to have taken the recipe off the site, i'll have to do a search for it. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment