POSTS

Monday, April 25, 2011

Sweet Potato Quesadilla


We had a lovely time camping over the easter weekend, the weather was beautiful and it was even warm enough for a swim. We camped a few hours north of sydney on a little strip of land between the lake and the ocean. Of course I made sure we were well fed with some nutritious and delicious food!


I had extra chipotle sweet potato and black bean filling from my empanadas and so I froze it to take with us. I then used it as a quesadilla filling along with some corn (from a can) and cheese. I also had an avocado but it was so unripe I couldn't use it. I bought multigrain tortillas and after assembling cooked them on our bbq. It was a really delicious lunch and so simple to prepare, although a little messy.



I hope you all had an enjoyable easter weekend also.

17 comments:

  1. Nice to hear you had a lovely break! Mine was spent hibernating on the couch, just me and the flu :(
    I never thought to put sweet potato into a quesadilla, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! It rained ALL weekend here. These sweet potato quesadillas looks super yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely weekend! The quesadillas look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sunset! The quesadillas sound great, even without guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter weekend to you! And we've had one day sunny one day rainy here! :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Sounds like great filling for quesadillas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quesadilla looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have couple of sweet potatoes in my pantry. This is a great idea to use them and make something delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those quesadillas look so good. What wonderful camping food you pulled together. Wow. Also, that sunset photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely sunset. Your quesadillas really look wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous sunset. Looks like a lovely place. Love the quesadilla's too, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful place to have a picnic! I love corn and will definitely try this recipe on the weekend :) Thanks for sharing!Following you and would like to invite you to fllow my blog too! :)

    http://personalfoodjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our week end was wet and it doesn't seem like is going to stop raining! So much water!!!

    Love the quesadilla, brava!

    ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure you had a lovely time!Nice landscape and yummy food!What else do you need???

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful way to spend Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't been camping for ages. Looks like a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds so good with it. Love to try it. Thanks for sharing. I like the view of a romantic evening pic you had share here.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment