POSTS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Creamy Avocado and Basil with Wholemeal Tagliatelle

I saw this pasta dish on Bake Bike Blog a few weeks back and I finally got round to making it. The original recipe can be found here. It is really pure genius, avocado adds a beautiful creaminess to this dish.


After the success with my spelt pasta I decided to make some wholemeal wheat flour pasta to go with this dish. Although it is a little extra work for the dough to come to the right consistency it worked really well. The final tagliatelle was so delicious, like fresh pasta is, the wholemeal flour added flavour and a little texture.


The avocado sauce is so very simple. Firstly blend lemon juice, garlic (i blanched with skin on in my pasta water) and olive oil. Then process in your avocado, basil (I used twice as much as suggested) and seasoning. As soon as I tasted this greeness I was really impressed, the lemon juice cut through the basil and the smooth avocado added something special.


I blanched some asparagus (also in my pasta water!) and served with the pasta. I thought this was a really fantastic and simple meal. The rest of my family loved it too.....



12 comments:

  1. oooh it really is a tasty little dish isnt it - and oh so simple! Although, I must say, I am super impressed that you made your own pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make my own pasta...something I must attempt...I grew up making it with my mom...I never attempted it since...This looks incredible..Beautiful little ones...Blessings to you, Catherine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous your children will eat anything green!!!!

    Looks very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mm I love home made pasta! You can just tell it when you eat it, it has a different texture! And love the pics of the kids enjoying the pasta too! Little Miss looks so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Juat drop by to say hi.....very nice posting, looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These happy faces say to me all I need to know about this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade pasta is on my "to-do" list. It sounds fabulous. The creamy avocado sauce is gorgeous and your tow little ones seem to have enjoyed this meal, too cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Homemade pasta - how delicious! And it looks so fresh and green...

    ReplyDelete
  9. your children are adorable and I just love that they are eating this pasta. Loving the green color...I never would think to use avocado as pasta sauce!
    So jealous of your homemade healthy pasta!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely pasta sauce. Seems like your little munchkins enjoys every bit of it! =)


    JACKIE at PHAMFATALE.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never thought of combining avocado, basil and pasta, good idea!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment