POSTS

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nigella's Toad in the Hole


In Nigella Kitchen there is a recipe for Toad in the Hole. Although I have seen this made on the many cooking shows I love to watch I have never made it myself. So when I saw this recipe I really wanted to make it, and I am so glad I did.


After squeezing out sausage meat into patties and browning them off, you pour over a simple egg, flour and milk batter. It goes in a very hot oven for apparently 40 minutes, I opened the door at 25 minutes to find this amazing creation! I couldn't believe it when it rose so high out of the pan, it looked amazing.
As you can imagine I couldn't stop taking photos :)


It also tasted really yummy, my husband was most pleased at it reminded him of the yorkshire puddings he had eaten in England. It definitely looked like little toads in a big hole!

11 comments:

  1. I've only seen Toad in the Hole made using whole sausages and I never got it. Now I do!! Looks (and sounds) delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made this about a month ago and found it revolting! I just don't think Stephen and I have British palates AT ALL, because we don't like half of Nigellas's dinner recipes, lol. Her desserts are amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah love this recipe! It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never seen that dish before, looks like a good hangover meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved the name Toad In The Hole! Very cute little toads peeking out :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh Mr BBB would love this! It is one of his favourite dishes! Must be the influence of his English MUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny to your comment JasmyneTea, we lived in England for 6 months and i'm guessing we got use to English food. The first time we ate out we were mortified....the food was way below average and SO expensive, needless to say we didn't eat out very often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh that looks so freaking yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this many times too, but I have never tried to make it! Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment