POSTS

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Evie's Rainbow Cupcakes


Firstly I just want to say how devastated I am to see yet another natural disaster, my heart goes out to all those affected.

A couple of days ago Sweet Pea's Kitchen posted some very colourful cupcakes for Mardi Gras. Although I am not interested in Mardi Gras celebrations I did think these cupcakes were so cute.
I really love cooking with my daughter Evie and thought these would be perfect to make as some afternoon entertainment.


Firstly we made a basic vanilla cupcake mix and then divided into three before adding in the food colouring. Evie chose pink, purple and yellow.



I used ziplock bags to pipe the batter in careful layers in some Tinkerbell cupcake cases. Then we baked.




They came out so beautifully, a really special treat. Actually Evie only had a nibble as she doesn't really like to eat cake - lucky her (but she does like the batter!).


8 comments:

  1. Aah, they are brilliant! :-)) imagine them with multicoloured frosting too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love cupcakes? Good job on the piping, especially with a zip-lock bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, I will try it soon, with natural colours if I can :-)

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! Must be great to have a little baking buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what cute colours! Evie is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had an excellent assistant in making these cakes that's why they were so successful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours! But... Evie doesn't like cake?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment