POSTS

Monday, March 14, 2011

Nigella's Sweet and Sour Chicken

I haven't been cooking as many recipes from Nigella Kitchen lately but I have pulled out a couple to cook this week. Last night it was her Sweet and Sour Chicken.

Please ignore the arm of my daughters doll in the background!
I must say it was a very interesting dish to create - with such ingredients as pineapple juice, soy sauce, apricot jam, tomato sauce.....
But the final product was actually quite sweet and sour!


She leads into the dish by saying it will be loved by your children. Although my daughter liked it, she didn't go crazy for it. It was a very tasty dish and simple to prepare but it is probably not something I would cook very often.

7 comments:

  1. It does look good! Must try it sometime!
    Have you tried the chicken teriyaki? it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading that pineapple juice was an ingredient in sweet and sour chicken years ago and thought that it sounded quite strange but there you go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such appetizing colours! You're right, it sounds absolutely interesting, pineapple juice and apricot jam in my dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good and what a great way to add all those wonderful vegetables into a dish. I like the addition of the pineapple juice and apricot jam for sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the recipe for Nigella's sweet and sour recipe? I cant find it anywhere online :(

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment