POSTS

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pine Mushroom Tarte Tatin with Roasted Baby Carrot and Beetroot

We went to the farmers markets at Castle Hill yesterday. I was a little disappointed at the lack of stores selling fresh fruit and vegetables but there were loads of stores selling other amazing products.


When I checked out the mushroom store I saw these gorgeous pine mushrooms, their colour is so vividly orange. Using the recipe I spotted on Delicieux the other week I used them to make a mushroom Tarte Tatin.


It is a fabulously simple recipe with sauteed leek and garlic, mushrooms and thyme and a puff pastry case. We absolutely loved it, you could taste all the ingredients and the mushrooms were so delicious. Not to mention the beetroots and carrot I roasted up to go along side, they were perfect. They really had so much flavour.


I am totally sold on buying your fruit and vegetables this way, everything we used in this dinner - mushroom, garlic, leek, beetroot, carrot and thyme (my garden) would have been picked fresh and grown with love, you could taste the difference.

5 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious muppy! The pine mushrooms sound great. I love the roasted beetroot and carrot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing mushrooms! Do they taste very different?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little taste very dubiously (they look like a mushroom your mum says 'don't eat that one - its orange' !). I was surprised at how much it tasted like a mushroom, it was a really beautiful flavour but not all that different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking tart, looks so delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. These mushrooms look stunning and unlike anything I have ever seen. Combining them with all the other goodness and puff pastry sounds wonderful. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment