POSTS

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nigella's Turkey Meatballs with Rocket and Lemon Couscous

Last night I cooked another recipe from Nigella Kitchen - Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce served with Rocket and Lemon Couscous.


The tomato sauce is a basic recipe with garlic, celery, onion and tinned tomatoes. I did use slightly less water then the recipe suggested. For the meatballs the turkey mince is combined with other classic meatball ingredients like bread crumbs, egg and parmesan. You do add a little worcestershire sauce which is slightly unusual. They are rolled quite small, about a teaspoon size and then popped into the simmering sauce raw.


The cous cous is cooked pretty much the usual way and once ready you fork through some lemon zest and juice as well as some rocket and seasoning.


I thought the meatballs were a little bit dense for my liking, especially compared to the beautiful soft beef meatballs I cooked recently. The flavours were nice and everything went really well together. I especially like the couscous with the fresh lemon. It was one of those meals where you just kept putting a 'little bit more' on your plate!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Muppy! The brioche! My most favorite smell of all time. Didn't your house smell so good? Can't wait for your article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm meatballs in this crazy rainy weather sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that tomato sauce looks so delightfully rich :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like meatballs that have a lot of bread in them as they're so lovely and light that way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love meatballs!
    Hmmm, have some turkey mince in the freezer....

    ReplyDelete

I would love for you to comment